LinMinquan's Blog

Experience technology to change life

This is only a test. See what happens.

在我读过的英语文章里,这一篇最近一直在我脑海里回想,于是就花时间把它找出来。我只记得这篇文章是讲尝试,让你一直不断地尝试。现在把它转载到我博客里,时时提醒自己。

This is only a test. See what happens.

这仅仅是一个测试, 看看会发生什么。

By Derek Sivers

文/德瑞克·西弗斯

Growing up in America in the 1970s, the TV or radio would sometimes turn into a long warning BEEEEEP. At the end, an announcer would say, “This is a test. This is only a test.”

我在美国的20世纪70年代长大,那时电视或收音机有时会播放一个长时间的充满警告意味的“哔哔”声。 最后,播音员会说:“这是一个测试,这仅仅是一个测试。”

Remember that phrase when pursuing your career.

在你攀登你的事业高峰时,请记住这个短语。

It often feels like everything is so serious – that if you make one mistake, it will all end in disaster. But really everything you do is just a test: an experiment to “see what happens”.

我们常常会有一种“一切都如此严重”的感觉—— 如果你犯了一个错误,那一切都完了。 但是,真正你做的所有事情都仅仅是一个测试:是一个关于“看看会发生什么”的实验。

My favorite times in life have often started with a “see what happens” spirit.

我生活中最喜欢的时段常开始于“看看会发生什么”的精神。

Let’s see what happens if I run my vocals through my guitar pedals.

让我们看看如果通过吉他效果器来表演我的声乐节目,会发生什么。

See what happens if I invite that famous producer out to lunch.

看看如果我邀请这位著名的制片人吃午饭,会发生什么。

See what happens if I call that radio station to ask their advice.

看看如果我打电话给广播电台询问他们的建议,会发生什么。

There is no failure. There can’t be, if your only mission was to “see what happens”.

不存在失败这回事。 如果你唯一的使命是“看看会发生什么”,那就不会有失败了。

This is a test. This is only a test. There is no downside. Try everything.

这是一个测试,这仅仅是一个测试。这没有什么不利之处,尽可能地去试一试吧。

原文链接


Share